Evolution of a hero

Page 1 of 4
From a cheerleader at Philipps Andover to a draftdodger with his Guard ruse during 'Nam, his no-show on 9/11 and to prancing on the deck of a carrier pretending to be a warrior... this is how America creates it's heroes these days.
BringEm, Rushmore
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/democracy/bush/stories/bush /
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Huh? I missed the part where this relates to woodworking?!?
Some people believe everything they see on the internet
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Mark and Kim Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@concentric.net> wrote in message
He's setting hook......
Philski
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Well silly, purple???
UA100
UA100 responds:

Are you sure? I thought it four chimes this time, but my hearing is all messed up (woodworking content).
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

Written by a blockhead, mebbid? <grin>
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:51:55 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

LOL, Makes it easy when someone jumps up and down and screams "PLONK ME!! PLONK ME!!"
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Yeh yeh obviously this response was by vet , I wonder which war she avoided . Prolly supports the lieutenant who now is an authority on foreign affairs or perhaps the trial lawyer who thinks he is qualified to run the country...mjh
--

< snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Mike Hide responds:

Can't be much less qualified than the man who nearly bankrupted Texas, did bankrupt the Texas Rangers, and is aiming the country in the same direction.
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
One, last I heard Texas is still thriving, two I don't give a crap about baseball, and three I have more money in MY pocket thanks to tax cuts....mjh
--

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com...
Mike Hide writes:

Got kids? Got grandkids? They'll be paying off the over 600 billion buck deficit from this fiscal year. What will it be next year, since it is doubling or nearly so each year of Shrub.
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
The national debt, is not a problem .Last I heard 80% of it is owned by Americans, so basically we are borrowing from ourselves and profits are taxed and feed back into the economy. In other words most of it stays in the loop....mjh
--

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m19.aol.com...
says...

enough to remember?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Mike Hide writes:

Oh, man. That's as specious an explanation as any I've heard directly from a politician.
It stays in the loop, but the effect of using that credit shortchanges businesses who need money to expand, in one problem area. It also DOES have to be paid back, so shortchanges future programs that we may not yet see a need for. It inflates the budget. it gives the government (adminstration and bureacracy) another opportunity to lie to the public (the current deficit has grown from about 360 billion to 500 billon and then in one day turned around and became 521 billion. And then it was admitted that didn't include costs of our varous wars and excursions, so we can add another 100+ billion to the total, which almost certainly i s severely underestimated again). Staying in the "loop" is more than Bush Sr. could do, but it's not enough for the money, regardless of to whom it's owed.
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m13.aol.com...
Mike Hide notes:

WTF does Iraq have to do with Al Quaeda?
Charlie Self "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
Charlie Self wrote:

"Iraq" is an Arabic sounding word. "Al" and "Qaeda" are Arabic sounding words.
Duh. What more reason do we need?
Did you hear where ricin poison was produced ,I believe it was N.E.Iraq...by a terrorist organization associated with Al Quaeda..........If I recall ricin has been used in the US recently.......mjh
--

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com...
Mike Hide writes:

Yeah, but supposedly Iraq is under our control. I didn't hear that, anyway, and if I did I'd ask for some sources. If ricin is like most poisons, it's not that hard to produce. I'm not exactly sure why you'd equate something rumored to have happened, maybe, to a reason for saying a particular ruler was involved with a Al Qaeda. Does that mean the guy who was president when those Boeings were built in the U.S. was responsible for the attacks on 9-11?
Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain