Ever give yourself a 10...

...on a project?? I haven't. Highest is an 8.5 I'm sure I could've done it better.

The only people who would give themselves a 10 are the people who cannot nail two boards together and have it come out right. My late brother-in-law was always showing off his "perfect" craftsmanship. There were times when I just barely made it out of the room before I started laughing. "A man's reach should exceed his grasp...." ~ Robert Burns -- Ernie

brother-in-law
"A man's got to be aware of his limitations." Dirty Harry

Shhhh!! SawStop may want to hire you as a poster child.
On 10 Aug 2003 03:58:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (Bri) wrote:

Yeah, I give myself a ten each time I think up a new project.
As me and the project adjust to reality
We find ourselves out of the realm of double figures
Sometimes more quickly than others
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
No blood?
I'd have driven the screw through the face frame INTO my finger - ditto for the brad. Avoid using the cement nail shooter.
Should I deduct points for Bondo?
When you don't start out with a plan, with its expectations, you're guaranteed at least a 7.
charlie b
pixelated:

I've had a screw or two hit a finger coming out the other side. <grumble, grumble>

Not if you stain and poly it afterwards. Then deduct all points (and 100 extras) for doing the trio.
- Better Living Through Denial ------------ http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases
"charlieb" wrote in message

In my case, there is always a drop or two on every project, lots more sweat, and this time, even tears. I could join the band.

Done that! ... only needed to do it once though, many years ago.
I learn real fast from pain ... obviously not so fast when it comes to planning, cutting and/or measuring.

Welp, in this case I bought the local Woodcraft out of their tubes of "Golden Oak", stainable, wood filler. As I've said before, with all my experience hiding screwups, I been seriously thinking about buying a case of latex caulk and joining the local trim carpenter's union ... but I think you have to speak spanish.

Ahhhh ... a loophole in the satisfaction category. Ill take that into account next time.
Thanks ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/11/03

I just hope that God grades on a curve.
If not, I'm in deep shit.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

of
I'm
I tell my students that they better hope God grades on a curve, cause I don't. That cleans out the riffraff. The rest stick around and find out that I cut a good deal of slack. Bob
SWMBO has given me a few. My customers (a small number since its a hobby!) have. Me??? Never! I'm my own worst critic.
Grant