Ever give yourself a 10...

...on a project?? I haven't. Highest is an 8.5 I'm sure I could've done it better.

Reply to
Bri

The only people who would give themselves a 10 are the people who cannot nail two boards together and have it come out right. My late brother-in-law was always showing off his "perfect" craftsmanship. There were times when I just barely made it out of the room before I started laughing. "A man's reach should exceed his grasp...." ~ Robert Burns

-- Ernie

Reply to
Ernie Jurick

Shhhh!! SawStop may want to hire you as a poster child.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yeah, I give myself a ten each time I think up a new project.

As me and the project adjust to reality

We find ourselves out of the realm of double figures

Sometimes more quickly than others

Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

No blood?

I'd have driven the screw through the face frame INTO my finger - ditto for the brad. Avoid using the cement nail shooter.

Should I deduct points for Bondo?

When you don't start out with a plan, with its expectations, you're guaranteed at least a 7.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

Nope. 9.5 is my personal best, and that's only referenced to my own level of ability, not to the real world's. Compared to a real craftsman's work, I'm maybe a 7.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

brother-in-law

"A man's got to be aware of his limitations." Dirty Harry

Reply to
Bob Schmall

I just hope that God grades on a curve.

If not, I'm in deep shit.

Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

SWMBO has given me a few. My customers (a small number since its a hobby!) have. Me??? Never! I'm my own worst critic.

Grant

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

I tell my students that they better hope God grades on a curve, cause I don't. That cleans out the riffraff. The rest stick around and find out that I cut a good deal of slack. Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:27:40 -0800, charlieb pixelated:

I've had a screw or two hit a finger coming out the other side.

Not if you stain and poly it afterwards. Then deduct all points (and 100 extras) for doing the trio.

- Better Living Through Denial ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In my case, there is always a drop or two on every project, lots more sweat, and this time, even tears. I could join the band.

Done that! ... only needed to do it once though, many years ago.

I learn real fast from pain ... obviously not so fast when it comes to planning, cutting and/or measuring.

Welp, in this case I bought the local Woodcraft out of their tubes of "Golden Oak", stainable, wood filler. As I've said before, with all my experience hiding screwups, I been seriously thinking about buying a case of latex caulk and joining the local trim carpenter's union ... but I think you have to speak spanish.

Ahhhh ... a loophole in the satisfaction category. Ill take that into account next time.

Thanks ...

Reply to
Swingman