Event Notice: Escoulen Demos in Portland, OR

Northwest Woodturners presents:

Jean Francois Escoulen will be presenting two days of demonstrations in Portland, Oregon, on June 7th and 8th, 2004, prior to his appearance at the Utah Woodturning Symposium. Escoulen is a master of eccentric-centered turnings and markets his own ball and socket chuck used for his creations.

Cost is $50 for one day, $75 for both (program will be different each day and runs from 9AM-4PM). Lunch is included each day. Seating is limited to 35/day, so get your reservation in early. Contact Paul Rasmussen,(503)246-3067 , snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (chapter treasurer).

For a short bio on Jean Francois Escoulen and some pictures of his work:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

He's also featured in the June issue of Woodwork.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Thanks Bob - I'll have to dig it out from the bottom of the "still-gotta-read" pile - the top mag dates from last fall. One of these days Evelyn Wood is gonna get a call from me. ;)

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC