Eugene, Oregon. Thanks and a plug for Jerry's

My thanks to all who offered advice and help on woodworking places of interest in Eugene, Or. Due to the state of my daughters house, I had virtually no time to get around except to the hardware store. Speaking of which, Jerry's Homc Center on highway 99 in Eugene gets my vote as the countries best. VERY knowledgable staff in all departments and a lot of them. Flat roof rapair in wet weather questions answered and options provided. The clerk placed a sticker with his name on it in case I needed to call with questions. A plumbing question was answered generally but for specific answers the clerk suggested I take some photos with my digital camera so they could actually see what I would be working with and could get me the specific parts I needed. Unbelievabably helpful and totally professional staff. Not at all what I am used to. Now there are two things in Eugene I will miss.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Mike, Sorry that I missed you. Jerrys is only a short way away from my house. A little story about them: They are the largest privately owned Ace hardware store in the US. When Home Despot decided to open a store here, they announced plans to open 3 stores. Although they didn't say so, the plan was to open more than they needed to run the competition out of business. Well, Jerrys beat them to the punch, and opened a second store, and Home Despot only has their one. Hooray for the little guy. Maybe we can meet the next time you come to town. I grew up in NW Missery (thats just north of you), and the only thing that I miss from there are the lightening bugs. I did run into Richard Rombold (he is a turner also) at a local show, and he told me that he offered you the use of his shop. You are welcome at my place too. Hope to see you some time, robo hippy

Reply to
robo hippy

If I had access to a store like Jerry's I would never darken the door of any other Borg anain. Yes Richard did offer his shop if I needed it. Turned out the only wood cutting I did was saw a scrap piece of plywood for a cat ramp to a cat door I installed in a wall. Damn cat is so fat he almost couldn't get through the door. Anyone need an extra wide push stick?? Thanks for your offer also. Seems I have better and more tools availabile to me 2200 miles away then I do in my garage. Just kidding. It will likely be quite a while afore I get that way again, unfortunately. Mike

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas