epoxy vs. filler?

I'm in the final stages of finishing the high chair I've been working on when I noticed I failed to cut off the snipe on a walnut strip glued to maple leaving me with a little crescent shaped hole. It's on the backside of the crest rail. I was thinking of filling the void with epoxy instead of wood filler. Any reason why I shouldn't?
--
"If you are arrogant, who's going to care if you're the best?"

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:19:14 GMT, "mel"

Not a reason why you _shouldn't_, but you'll want to mix some inert filler in with that epoxy. Pure epoxy is brittle and hard to finish - it gets a lot more amenable with either phenolic microballoons or fine wood dust in it.
-- Smert' spamionam
Why don't your sand it, you can blend the sanding so it does not show, unless it is on a perfectly flas piece and even then you can blend it a little. You can also wet it and lettle it swell somewhat before sanding
Without actually seeing it it is hard to make an accurate determination.

of