Epoxy or?

I need to secure two plexiglass supports to a wooden base. The support wil l hold a piece of art glass. The plexiglass is 3/8 inch thick and about 1 inch wide. I have cut mortises into the base to accept the supports. One i s a snug fit and the other wiggles a bit. What should I use to permanently secure the supports in their mortises?
Larry
On Friday, January 31, 2014 6:39:15 PM UTC-10, Gramps' shop wrote:

1 inch wide. I have cut mortises into the base to accept the supports. One is a snug fit and the other wiggles a bit. What should I use to permanent ly secure the supports in their mortises?

Larry, I've had a lot of luck with applications similar to yours with E-6000. Mad e by the same company that makes Shoe Goo and similar in consistency. Gene
On 1/31/2014 11:29 PM, GeneT wrote:

Seconded this recommendation.
E-6000 is quite a bit less viscous than Shoe Goo and will spread well. It stays flexible, but holds tenaciously.
Richard
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

support will hold a piece of art glass. The plexiglass is 3/8 inch thick and about 1 inch wide. I have cut mortises into the base to accept the supports. One is a snug fit and the other wiggles a bit. What should I use to permanently secure the supports in their mortises? -------------------------------------------------- As a sailor, 3M5200 adhesive/sealant ring any bells.
Will remain pliable after curing which will handle changes in expansion of non equal materials in contact with one another.
Lew
On 1/31/2014 11:42 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Roger Long said that sailors should be forced to have a note from their mothers before being allowed to buy 5200. :)
message

Bolts. Drill and tap.
--

dadiOH
On 2/1/2014 7:25 AM, dadiOH wrote:

(E6000), but tapping may be a better idea. Plex taps well and if this is clear plex it may well look better.
Jeff
Tap worked fine. Project finished. Now have both E6000 and epoxy on hand for future endeavors, assuming I can remember where I stashed them.
Larry