Right by me!
Robert
Add pictures here
✖

I missed the point of your post...
** whoosh! **
Right by me!
Robert
If the OP uses a less dimensionally stable wood for his desk top to inlay epoxy he may not have as desirable of results as those that inlay epoxy in Mesquite.
Add pictures here
✖

Gotcha that time.
And couldn't agree more.
Robert
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 25, 4:13 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

MUST check who has logged in next time LOL
✖
"dadiOH" wrote:
<snip>

<snip>
Based on my past experience with epoxy, I'd proceed as follows.
I'd use a standard laminating epoxy with extra slow hardener colored with carbon black.
Mix 2-4Oz batches.
Wet out the groove using a plumber's acid brush.(Harbor Freight item)
Make sure all groove surfaces are completely wet out.
Next, thicken mixed epoxy with some microballoons, adding more carbon black if required, so the putty is the the consistency of Hellmann's Mayo putty.
Fill the grooves 1/8" proud using a Popsicle stick to apply putty.
Allow 24-48 hours to cure, then sand flush.
The easy way is to leave top 1/16" oversize, the head to the drum sander and let them bring top to size.
Epoxy will be flush with rest of top.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖