Enough drawers, you think?

to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it I'd forget where I had put it. :-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

Needs a few more drawers. I can see why he almost quit a couple times, I got sick of seeing drawers after making the 13 for my kitchen

Reply to
Eugene

If my father-in-law was still alive, he'd build it, but larger. And he'd fill it.

Me? I'd be bored by drawer number 6. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

As Ray's Dad would say, "Holy Crap!"

> Got to be a world record... If I had this and I had stuff to put in it

Reply to
Pop Rivet

If I built it my Wife would fill it.

This is the most recient point of contention between us at this moment. Seems every time I create even one square or cubic inch of storage she has to fill it.

Is this normal?

Reply to
Mark

Yes, of course. To NOT fill it would be a waste of space and would show a lack of appreciation for your efforts. (-:

It's normal, if not completely rational.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Go to the Library.

Look for the books published by 'C. Northcote Parkinson'.

Find the one called "Mrs. Parkinson's Law"

READ it.

You *will* be enlightened.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

There is a corollary. If your wife is just over five feet tall, they only fill up to the levels even with my eyeballs. It gives the house kind of a layered look - overflowing everywhere below six feet and empty shelves and drawers above six feet.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Bob.

I wish this were so.

Wife is 4'11". I built storage in the bathroom, 6 shelves roughly 14" square, top shelf is about 6'6".

She has a ladder, all the shelves overflow. She runs out of shampoo does she open one of the handful of full sized bottles or one of what seems like the hundred sample bottles? No, she goes and buys more. And who the hell needs 6 16 oz (?) bottles of skin so soft all_right_there ...

The thing beyond me is - there isn't a towel or washcloth near this closet. Those are kept in the pantry. With some of her clothes. If there isn't a towel or washcloth I'm screwed. Their in the hall, not in the closet I built right next to the tub where all I would have to do is reach out and grab one. That's why I put it there.

Friday night I was in the shower and realized I needed a bar of soap. Good frigging luck finding it.

So I started pulling stuff out and stuffing it in a bag ..... you would think she caught me gang banging her sisters and talking crap about her Mother.

Twelve and a half years of marriage and I've never been this deep on her shit list. And I've pulled some shit (nothing involving her sisters). She's busting on me for having tools laying around the house ... I'm remodeling the damned thing, one kitchen cabinet ready to install, number two about ready to be finished.

I had better get back to it, she went to Wally World to get more crap. Wally's next to GoodWill. Damn, that could lead to a rant about the 24 feet of shelving in the shop which she took over, or the van I bought for parts but am afraid to jack up because it's filled with her crap to sell on eBay ....

"Mrs. Parkinson's Law" ? I need some insight to this insanity. Hell, I had to fight with her to move her crap so I could remodel the MASTER bedroom into HER office.

Reply to
Mark

A fortune in Knobs alone.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Just point out that she's even deeper on yours.

I'd say it was time for a serious discussion, but it's your life.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Not even close to a world record. I've got 282 drawers.

Except that I didn't make them. Several years ago I managed to score 5 library card catalog cabinets at a university auction. These have from

36 to 72 drawers each. And yes, they are all full.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I *love* it! I saw one a few years ago with about 50 drawers, but this is much more fun. That picture just went into my inspirations folder.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

... snip

... snip

Does your house look like one of those on "Clean Sweep"?

No, my house doesn't look that way, but the only reason my folk's house doesn't look like one of those is that they have a farm and dad has let mom use the outbuildings to store stuff in. Part of it comes from growing up during the depression era, Mom will not get rid of anything -- Dad is a little more sanguine about getting rid of things he is sure he will not need again. I know I have been influenced by their concerns as well, I do not like wasting anything, but I do not mind finding someone who can use what I no longer need.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Mark wrote in news:kswgc.31363$B% snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Is she a quilter?

Reply to
patriarch

Counted cross stitch. Good at it too.

Reply to
Mark

Ed, you two have a symbiotic relationship and were meant for each other....

Layne

Reply to
Layne

Ed! I just had a thought! Build in FAKE drawers that DO NOT OPEN! Hah! ;-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

Of course it is. This is why I don't throw anything out anymore. To throw out the completely useless blurfl in the attic would simply allow something in the house to be moved to the attic and that would create an appropriate area to put something else - which most likely QVC is selling today.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Reply to