Enough contrast, oak and cherry?

I want to build one of those readers beds that was featured in woodworkers journal a couple years back. In the article, they laminated ash and walnut so the the walnut would give contrast, sort of an accent stripe.

I've got a LOT of oak and cherry. Will cherry darken enough to give contrast with oak, using a clear finish on both?

John

Reply to
John Thompson