English Walnut

I've been "gifted" several ~40-50" Long, ~20-30" diameter English Walnut logs. They were cut a year ago and not treated or protected. There doesn't seem to be any bug infestation, they were kept on concrete.
These will be sliced up soon, and I see two options;
1. Slice um with a chainsaw, send um through a Delta 13" planer, or
2. Slice um with a chainsaw, send an ax through them, stack and wait for winter.
I would like to know if this is worth working on, as it is checked a bit, or is it just firewood?
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

doesn't