English Oak

I have a couple of English Oak logs which have been air drying in stick for 6 or 7 years. It is mostly about 30mm thick.
I have just made a small coffee table with some of this timber. It is fine mostly, but tends to show yellow stains on several surfaces.
Does anyone know what this is? I think I have seen it before and it has been masked by the (transparent) finish. Either that or by drying out, or perhaps by oxidising.
Billhum
Awhile back yellow stains happened a lot in East-European oak. This was a fungus. Visible in the vessels. PvR