English Oak

I have a couple of English Oak logs which have been air drying in stick for

6 or 7 years. It is mostly about 30mm thick.

I have just made a small coffee table with some of this timber. It is fine mostly, but tends to show yellow stains on several surfaces.

Does anyone know what this is? I think I have seen it before and it has been masked by the (transparent) finish. Either that or by drying out, or perhaps by oxidising.

Billhum

Reply to
billhum

Awhile back yellow stains happened a lot in East-European oak. This was a fungus. Visible in the vessels. PvR

billhum schreef

for 6 or 7 years. It is mostly about 30mm thick.

fine mostly, but tends to show yellow stains on several surfaces.

been masked by the (transparent) finish. Either that or by drying out, or perhaps by oxidising.

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel