end mills

Can end mills be used safely and effectively in a router?
-- Art Ransom Lancaster,TX snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net http://tinyurl.com/clhg
Yes. I use them.

Endmills are available in various designs for different uses. The ones designed for aluminum have clearance angles suitable for wood. Steel cutting bits will work,just not as well.

I use standard carbide 2 flute end mills. they are cheep at about 4.50 each and work pretty well. they can aggressive when they are fresh bit work fine. I know other bits can work even better but the price rises fast. when they only last me about a month at most. I hate spending too much.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

a endmill is about 10 times stronger then these fragile things.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes