enco tools

anyone know what happened to enco tools website -

I need to order an x-y table for my mortiser as well as some bearings, pulley's, etc for the thickness sander I'm building.

Reply to
tillius

I give up, what happened to it? Looks fine to me. I know I messed this one iin particular up a couple of months ago- no matter how many times I tried "

", it just wouldn't work... :) Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Try a capital K and give it a few more tries ;)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

works fine for me here is the full link

has a better deal on the x-y table.
?itemnumber=G5757 I have the second. though they need a vise they are so much better then those x-y vises you see. far smoother and not as much slop.

Reply to
Steve Knight

hmmm... I still can't get to the website using that url. Either from home or the office.

Reply to
tillius

hmmm... I still can't get to the website using that url. Either from home or the office.

Reply to
tillius

Actually they don't. Enco is selling theirs for $20 less:

all these links worked for me.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

your right. they did not have that table when I got mine. but that was atleast 3 years ago.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Give the "web nerd" an email. A few months back - there was a select few of us that couldn't hit Griz from the office. Some could, some couldn't.

I emailed their nerd and we got on a con call. Sure 'nuff he had done some things to their site that my firewall was blocking. 15 minutes later, it was fixed and he sent me a $10 gift certificate for my "help".

Reply to
patrick conroy

Suppose I bought one of theses x-y tables (aka sliding compound table) and I wanted to make a slot mortiser using a router.... How would I get the z motion (xyz), i.e. vertical? The table gives me horizontal in two directions but I also need vertical....

Or perhaps there's a better way...

tillius wrote:

bearings,

Reply to
emptyshell

Plunge router in a jig to hold it above the sliding table.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks -- another question. How can I have variable stops on the compound sliding table?

Reply to
emptyshell

Use T-slot nuts. Unless you're talking about stopping the table itself. In that case, you can put a positive stop on whatever the table's mounted on). Such a stop would need to be sturdy.

By the way, using these tables to move a workpiece for a router may cause some burning. Traversal is pretty slow, unless you have a way to spin the handles fast!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Wonder where I could see and touch one of these compund sliding tables?

Reply to
emptyshell

Wonder where I could see and touch one of these compound sliding tables?

Reply to
emptyshell

I can help you with that if you're near Tucson, AZ; you could stop by my place. I don't know if Harbor Freight sells one, but that's possibly another option (assuming you have a HF store near you, and it carries the table). Grizzly has a couple locations, too; any near you?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Thanks for the invitation and ideas. I'm in Colorado, near Boulder. There's a rumor tha a Harbor Fright is coming to a location near me...I don't know of a Grizzly location near me. I checked their web page and als didn't find any hint of a location near me: only Washington state, Pennsylvania, and Ilinois.

Jim Wils> > Wonder where I could see and touch one of these compund sliding tables? >

Reply to
emptyshell

Please don't compare HF and Grizzly, they are two VERY different animals.

Reply to
TBone

Not in my experience.

Of course, I understand that all these cheap import machine tools and accessories are little more than unfinished kits, as delivered. Nonetheless, I've been equally successful making decent tools from initially unusable offerings from HF, Grizzly, Enco, Jet, Delta and others. The differences in quality between any of these (nowadays) is marginal at best, IMHO. There are exceptions, but, well, they're exceptions (the Delta/Bies fence, for example).

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson