elm - any good?

Page 2 of 2
the chinese elm is the one with the small leaf. often planted for shade tree's, shorter and bushier, rounder crown. people that don't know the diff.my call them piss elm the name came about from sap running out at the crotch of the tree. ross
Mark & Juanita wrote:

I don't really know ... but I've got one in my front yard that's just covered with burls! (blow wind, blow!)
Bill
rascal less in the world.
slippery elm is the same as red elm, the slippery elm bark comes from the layer just under the inner bark. when chewed it feels like a ball of snot in your mouth. this was hawked into the pitchers glove for thowing spit balls ross
I have no idea what species of elm it is. The tree is still standing. I guess when it is down I can try to identify it.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Bob

piss elms have real small leafs. less than 1/3 of a regular elm leaf. They have the same veins etc as the larger ones.