Electrical outlets and window seat

I have to build a window seat for a bay window and there are 2 electrical outlets on both sides of the bay. I was wondering if it is legal to just cut a hole in the 3/4 plywood and and mount the outlets to the 3/4 plywood. Are there 3/4 deep extension boxes available?
Thanks, Ted
Bigpole wrote:

If you mean to screw the outlets directly to the 3/4in then the answer is no. The wire have to connect to the outlet in an approved box. Yes, you can get extensions for your boxes - they come in all sorts of different sizes. The Borg carries a lot and an electrical supply house will certainly carry any extension you may need that you can't find at the Borg.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

The ring you want is just a sleeve that attaches with the device screws and fits down into the box. They may have them at the borg and any electrical supply will have them.
Around here they are most often used to extend the box out to the level of the plaster. The Borg carries a couple of different thickness of plastic ones.

and