Electrical conduit on the floor ?

Page 3 of 3
Can't you run the cable across the ceiling and then drop down to your lathe?
John

conduit
but
is

lathe?
That would certainly be my choice, assuming it's possible under the circumstances.
Harold
At my factory job, there are machines, lifts etc. with EMT conduit running on the floor. Best I can get from the codes are that the conduit must be supported(anchored) less than or equal to every 10 feet and 3 feet from terminations. I don't have specs to floor areas w/traffic. Check out Chapter 358.xx (2002) Another poster suggested THWN wire, and I strongly agree. The "W" is for wet.
Luck, Brian

conduit
but
is

Use LiquidTite conduit if there is any chance of standing or running water. As long as it isn't a trip hazard, the inspector shouldn't have any problems with it. We used to use it all the time for power runs under raised computer-room floors, where there was a chance of water if and when the HVAC system leaked, or in one case, the roof on an old building.
You should have a short length of flex at the machine end, anyway, if you use rigid conduit -- with liquid-tite, you don't need to bother with that, so saves you a bit of trouble there.
Regards,
Bob