Electric spokeshave or finger planer

Hello, I there such a device as an electric spokeshave?? or (as someone suggested) a "Finger Planer".
I wish to remove wood in confined spaces. There is no room to operate a manual spokeshave. A sander is also too big.
I have visions of a device construced of a cutting rotor (as in a conventional electric planer) inside a pipe which has a slit on it to allow the blades to get at the wood.
I have tralled the internet to no avail.
Any suggestions.
TIA.
P.K.
snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com wrote: > Hello, > I there such a device as an electric spokeshave?? or > (as someone suggested) a "Finger Planer". > > I wish to remove wood in confined spaces. > There is no room to operate a manual spokeshave. > A sander is also too big.
<snip>
Take a look at the Fein multimaster.
Lew
Dremel with a carving burr?
Art

snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com wrote:

likely what you want to do will be achieved easily with a rasp. if that isn't electrical enough for you, or if there isn't room for the stroke, you might be able to use a die grinder with a rotary file or a sanding drum on it.
the tool you describe doesn't to my knowledge exist. you may have a valuable idea on your hands.
If you have a Dremel, have you looked at this?
http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachments-and-accessories/attachment-accessory-detail.htm?H8575&Gi679&Ii725
On 22 Nov 2006 18:08:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com wrote:

There are finger planes and shaves built for carvers and Luthiers which even have long handles. Perhaps what you're looking for would be served by a scorp?
snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com writes:

I haven't used them, but there are
Skinny Belt sanders (3/8" by 13")
(Amazon.com product link shortened)64286507/ref=sr_na_1/102-5981388-9703329
Power Carver (movement is back and forth) (Amazon.com product link shortened)64286811/ref=sr_1_5/102-5981388-9703329?ie=UTF8&s=hi
Dremel (Rotary)