Electric outlet in cabinetry

I am building in cabinets, shelves and a window seat in my daughter's room. My question is, are there any special considerations in installing outlets in the sides of some of the cabinets. I plan to use shielded flexible conduit to a box mounted from the inside of the cabinet.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David & Betty Bridgeman

Treat it just like a remodeling project and get the assistance of a licensed electrician. That way you know that you've used the right gage wire and that it won't become a fire hazard.

Tigger

Reply to
Anthony VanCampen

Local codes may apply. But the answer generally is you treat it just like any wall. You need to protect the wall if the wire is accessible. Using shielded flexible conduit (assume you mean metal) would do that. Otherwise, you could cover the) wire with wood, e.g., a 1x2 with a groove large enough to accept the wire would provide protection.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Reply to
Wilson Lamb