Electric outlet in cabinetry

I am building in cabinets, shelves and a window seat in my daughter's room. My question is, are there any special considerations in installing outlets in the sides of some of the cabinets. I plan to use shielded flexible conduit to a box mounted from the inside of the cabinet.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks,
Dave
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:45:49 -0500, David & Betty Bridgeman wrote:

Treat it just like a remodeling project and get the assistance of a licensed electrician. That way you know that you've used the right gage wire and that it won't become a fire hazard.
Tigger
David & Betty Bridgeman wrote:

Local codes may apply. But the answer generally is you treat it just like any wall. You need to protect the wall if the wire is accessible. Using shielded flexible conduit (assume you mean metal) would do that. Otherwise, you could cover the) wire with wood, e.g., a 1x2 with a groove large enough to accept the wire would provide protection.
Code? I wanted one in the apron of my bathroom counter. I used a plate for a pattern to cut the opening and routed out the back to put the outlet just proud of the front surface. It is really neat and I use it all the time. Actually I mounted an outlet/switch unit and used the switch for the light over the sink...very convenient. I'll put a box over the back "someday". In a not to code, I fed it from a GCFI outlet mounted in a box inside the cabinet. Wilson