Electric Brad Nailers

I am looking at the "Arrow" ET200 electric brad nailer. I've never used a brad nailer before and was wondering how it compares to an air nailer for driving brads of 1 1/4" length?
Thanks
Doug

Never heard a good word about them. Get a pneumatic. You can always use a little compressor around the house to fill a tire or beachball. You won't be sorry. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

I agree with Ed. I have an Arrow electric stapler/brad nailer and I hate it.
todd
Unless you are planning to nail anything other than a few very thin boards together, please save yourself any anguish and bite the bullet and buy an air operated brad nailer even if it is a H.F. unit along with one of their low cost compressors. I recently had the top of the line Sears electric nailer and sold it on E-Bay. The problem was that it didn't have a decent depth adjustment and you could barely get the brads recessed into the wood, even worst on hardwoods.

How does it compare to an air nailer? They use the same nails in most cases... That's it. Think of them more as brad starters. You will need to finish up with a hammer.
If driving into wood, probably get about 1/2" penetration. You're on your own for the rest of it. Better get a pneumatic brad nailer.
On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:55:48 GMT, Donald Cooper

Don't. In a moment of temporary insanity I bought the Rapesco (similar specs to the Arrow) and it's a dog. Always leaves the brads 1/4" proud and they have to be finished with a hammer. Despite the fact that it doesn't get the brad anything like flush, it still manages to leave huge marring marks on the surface.
It's probably the worst tool I ever bought.
Cheers
Frank