el Sander-Grinder

Is anyone using the Viel Sander-Grinder with the blade holder attachment? I just got the machine and have been trying to sharpen a plane blade but it seems the attachment isn't sitting square to the sanding belt. When I try sharpening the blade it sharpens more on one side than the other and therefore isn't square anymore. Perhaps I am just doing it incorrectly