Efficient security or Keystone Cops

Page 2 of 2

Mark & Juanita said:

... and snip of some more

[TOT] Which is one reason I don't believe in gun abolition. (I think it's all there - just read it.) Don't _want_ to use it, play with it, obsess over it, treat it as part of the family - but it IS there if I _have_ to use it. A reasonable deterrent to terrorism, tyranny, yadda, yadda... (But not in bars, planes, malls, schools, asylums, etc, etc.) [/TOT]

Don't forget Cat Stephens and one obviously middle class couple on their way home from vacation. :-\
Greg G.
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:20:15 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark

AM radio can't be wrong, eh? <snicker>

You got it in one.

Right.
I climbed on a plane less than an hour after the shoe-bomber was caught. Guess what the San Diego security had me do? I was the first person in line (that I saw this happen to, anyway) to have to remove my shoes and belt to have them scanned. And I was personally frisked. I wanted to ask the gal if she'd do it but a guy jumped up instead. ;)

Like our lethal 1.5" long pocket knives? <chortle> Just to prove what a total crock airport security was, I carried a brand new, freshly- sharpened pencil in my shirt pocket, sharp point UP and in clear view. Said lead came within a foot and a half of the TSA inspector, who said nothing and didn't even eyeball the thing. He did, however, catch the lethal weapon behind me. A pair of round-point bandage scissors which hadn't been opened up so they could see the round points. The lethal blades on that thing were nearly an inch long!

Ain't profiling fun? Our tax dollars at work. <big sigh>
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Damn straight! Resist!

Indeed.
This, I do not believe for a second.

If any particular demographic is exempted from security then someone wishing to get a bomb on a plane merely has to trick a person from that demographic into carrying th bomb on for him.
Of the last three aircraft destroyed in flight by bombs all three bombs were carried on by white women. A fourth attempt was thwarted--also a white woman. At least two of those four did not know they were carrying a bomb.
--

FF

Charlie Self said:
<snipped previous thread content to conserve bandwidth ;-) >

Absolutely - down to the use of a color coded Terror Alert to yank the leash when favor wanes.

Agreed. Poking around the border between Texas and Mexico in 1999 elicited an unnerving confrontation with border agents questioning my activities. (No, I was _not_ picking up a shipment of terrorist weapons.) But at night, all h%ll breaks lose. Look at Botswana for an indication of how easily you can close a border. Motivation is the key factor. http://www.gov.bw/home.html

And emotional red herring issues to distract. Hey Folks, watch the magicians _other_hand...

Ride-em cowboy... (No offense to_real_cowboys...)
The bromide claims that genius always skips a generation, but as asseveration we see the father, in contrast, as paragon of wisdom.
I scowl at the shadow he casts upon me with heightening distain.
JMHO,
Greg G.
Greg G. said:

And I still can't type - disdain... disdain... Only 98 more times...
Greg G.

What we need is for geniuses like yourself to cut lose with your infallible method for detecting a thug without troubling the others people.
While you're at it, how about a cure for cancer.
George said:

One shot - One kill.

Even better, how about a cure for stupidity.
Greg G.
George said:

Missed that the first time.
Do me a favor, and hop on Hwy 94 and leap into South Bay. Better yet, Furnace Bay, 'cause that's where the hot air originates. See, I can cast ad hominem attacks as well. Jeezz...
Greg G.
Charlie Self said:

Worse than that, your children are subversives...
http://www.alternet.org/story/26503 /
Pardon the source...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

I had read about this--it was a big topic for a week in photo NGs--and had one more disturbing thought, beyond the absolute arrogance of the WalMart employee, the local fuzz and the SS. It is OUR money paying for these idiots to act like this.