Edge Treatment for shelves on Router Table

Hi Folks I'm wanting to make a bunch of centrally supported (canterlevered) 3'6" long shelves out of 8" x 1.25" jarrah stock. The corners will be rounded at about 2" radius and all the edges will be rounded over with a 1/4" radius bearing guided roundover router bit. My problem will be trying to run a fancy fluting along the middle of all the edges. I have a fluting bit which will be fine in the router table along the straight edges, but how will I manage this around the 2" radius corners? I'm imagining that the fence of the router table will let too much of the corners protrude into the router bit. Any suggestions?
On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:55:12 +0800, Sandy <> wrote:

set up a pin guide. fabricate a support arm that solidly holds a rub block directly over the bit, in the location a guide bearing would be.
cut the flute first, leaving a bit of flat on either side for the round over, bearing against the flat with the pin guide.
then set up the round over with the bearing removed and the pin located to catch the opposite edge of the board. set the roundover bit low enough to leave a little bit of flat for the pin to follow when you flip the board. ease the flat with sandpaper when you're done.

<snip>
What Bridger is describing is a basic pin router. DAGS on 'pin router' and you will find both plans for building your own and relatively cheap accessories. Very useful tool if you do much template work.
Bernard R
On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:44:00 -0500, "Bernard Randall"

Thanks Bernard. Will do.
On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:21:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@igetenoughspamalreadythanks.com posted:

Brilliant! Thanks so much, Bridger.