Edge Sander Terminolgy

I am getting ready to put an edge sander on Ebay. But I am not familiar with the term "oscillating" as used with the various Ebay listings. Does the belt oscillate? From the pictures it appears that the belt is conventional in that it is simply driven by the motor spindle in a continuous manner. Just like a conventional belt sander with which I am familar.
Thanks Bob AZ