Edge Sander

Page 1 of 2
Well last year I almost built 100 drawers and 90% had dominos to reinforce the joints. There was also tons of doors and drawer fronts and quite frankly I am getting tired of edge sanding with a hand held sander and or by hand sanding.
Is any one here using an edge sander? Any recommendations on brands? I see most entry sized tend to use 6" by 80" belts and Jet offers a oscillation sander.
On 4/3/2012 3:35 PM, Leon wrote:

http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/2936214030.html
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/3/2012 3:35 PM, Leon wrote:

Is that somewhat like being "almost" pregnant??? :)

Had a Boice-Crane in TN; it was 8x108 iirc; found it at auction.
It was _not_ oscillating; for our purposes it was ok but for kitchen drawers, etc., like your use I'd recommend strongly to go that way as it's very easy to burn w/o it, and especially w/ light woods that's a cure that's worse than the disease phenomenon.
Unfortunately, I don't have any firsthand experience w/ the Jet or other similarly-priced current offerings; only the above advice regarding the use thereof.
"Leon" wrote ...

edge sander that will hook up to your dust extractor. On $32, 000!! That should take care of your needs. <g, d & r>
On 4/3/2012 4:04 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Your lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ;~)

He made a mistake. The comma should be a decimal point and one "0" should be removed.

Yeah. There's no _way_ they'd sell it for that little.
Hey, I saw footage of Dallas today. She's suckin' right about now. You woodworking twins are down in Houston, aren't you? Well away?
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
On 4/3/2012 8:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Dallas is like 3 states away from Houston.

OK, so 241 miles isn't close, but you just gave me one more reason to question the Texas school system...
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

<snip>
--
Best regards
Han

But of course, monsieur. I am geeving heem ze zeengair, oui?
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
On 4/3/2012 9:57 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The driving distance from New Orleans LA through Mississippi through Alabama into Florida to Pensacola, 201 miles, is shorter than Houston to Dallas.
On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:39:26 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Going to New Orleans anytine soon? http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/tls/2903013813.html

Hummmmmm Road Trip! Myaybe not.
On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:07:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Those are three states. Houston & Dallas are both in _one_, but I grok your hyperbole, Leon. Metaphors be with you.
I'm returning the Makita SP6000K1 kit. The track was bent and the saw growls and vibrates in an unkind way during the soft-start, but is sweet when up to speed. <scowls and taps foot>

I wouldn't own anything from the Katrina washover area nor would I ever set foot in Nawlins after the storm. That was all contaminated horribly by the fracking and drilling pools which blew all over hell and gone before and during the hurricane. The whole area is a toxic waste dump. (The movie _Gasland_ was a real gagger, and an eye opener. http://video.pbs.org/video/1452296560/ short feature) http://www.solarmovie.eu/watch-gasland-2010.html full movie http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/whats-fracking/affirming-gasland
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
On 4/4/2012 7:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What a shock! Soft starts will kinda make a growl when coming up to speed.
A few bucks more and you can get a Festool.

Umm Baton Rouge is like a state away from the salt water bowl, New Orleans.

$150. <cringe> I'm going to get some hands-on time with a 55 at Medford Tool today on the way to the MD.
Returned with meds and more info. OK, the TS55 -ALSO- growls and vibrates (not quite as bad, but the Makita has a more powerful motor, so that's expected) during the soft start, so it's common to the beasts. The guy at Medford Tool said the DeWally did the same thing.
So, I took the track back to HD today and they ordered a new one. The girl said I could either keep the track or let them dispose of it. I kept it and will try to straighten it. A friend of mine is a machinist so he can probably help. It wasn't -kinked- so I might get away with it. If so, it saves me the $150 from the extra price of the Festool and another $150 for the second piece of track. All I'll need is the pair of connectors, and they're only $30. I sure liked that CT26, but the damned price is just too much. I'll likely use the shop vac onsite and the DC in my own shop.
Festools are nice, but I can't see spending that kind of money on green tools. <gd&r>
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
*snip*

Search the archives for JOAT's suggested yellow paint. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Way back in my teen years, we had vacationed down on Corpus Christi. My sister and I were looking out the high window of the pickup camper as we drove from Lake Charles, LA. We drove along the coast road, I remember seeing the lights of Corpus Christ and thinking we will be there soon two hours later it looked the same, as it was another two hours later and we still were not there.
On 4/4/2012 5:43 PM, Markem wrote:

Probably saw a lot of rigs in the bay.