Edge Gluing Boards, Part II: Biscuits?

Thanks for your responses re: edge gluing boards. seems like the consensus AFA jointing both edges is "yes."
Here's another question: Do you use biscuits, or simply glue the edges?
Back in HS (the 70's) we simply glued the boards. Now I see a lot about using biscuits, as well. One of the boards on my coffee table base from the 70's eventually warped and broke its bond. Would a biscuit be able to prevent that?

Check back for my reply on why you "ideally" should not run the cut edge through the jointer. I think my reply was after your post here. You do not need to use biscuits to make this joint stronger in this application. If you joint failed, you probably had a bad glue joint or the finish did not prevent moisture from getting in to the wood. Biscuits do strengthen some joints but do not help a lot in others except for alignment purposed. Generally, properly gluing 2 boards edge to edge should yield a strong joint with out biscuits unless the joint is starved for glue or the boards are not straight.
I am starting to like biscuits. My last glue up is coming apart (was:why does gorilla glue suck) It was s4s hard maple, using the directions on the bottle. (moisten one side, glue the other) I have had 3 of the joints starting to separate. Using red oak I have had lots of luck simply clamping them together with yellow glue.

Generally I use biscuits every 8 to 10 inches. It helps with the alignment to avoid steps in the panels. For thin panels, I may use a glue joint or just a butt joint.

Broke the bond? The glue joint should be stronger than the wood, at least with yellow carpenter's glue.

How wide were the two boards that had the joint between them?
It has been my experience, that if a board wants to warp, or cup bad enough, there is nothing that will stop them.
--
Jim in NC