Edge for melamine computer table.

I recently built a melamine computer station for my daughters. I am very disappointed in the way the edges turned out after putting on the iron on banding. I am thinking about putting a 2 inch wide band of red oak around the top and was wondering what the best way to attach it would be. I have a slot cutter for my router for spines but I am concerned about expansion. Will this be a problem for these two materials? I do not have a biscuit joint cutter (yet!)
Now you have to think to yourself. How would Norm do it. hmm Glue it on and use brads to hold it till the glue dries. (please no flames, I watch him every week and have all his shows taped).
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
"Mike S." wrote: