Edge banding

I see that Rockler is offering a Burgess end banding router set on sale now:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 238&filter%854
I have always glued strips of solid wood to the plywood edges and then used a block plane to match the edge to the surface of the plywood. This router set might be a good thing to have. Has anyone used something like this?
TIA
Dick Snyder
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 238&filter%854
Haven't used one, but there's also a tongue and groove set that does the same thing and would be my preference over the curved one above if I was to go and buy something for this purpose.
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:12:06 -0500, Upscale wrote:

Agreed. Having t&g helps alignment, and makes claming much less problematic. With glue in the joing, I'd expect the curved one to want to slide all over the place.
I recently purchased this set from Eagle America:
http://www.eagleamerica.com/product.asp?pn 0-9017F
It cuts a 60-degree "V" and a tongue and groove (part #100-9107F).
It was just a bit fussy to set up, but no biggie. Make sure you have featherboards to keep the plywood and edging stock tight to the table.
I used it to cut some maple banding for 3/4 plywood. Worked great.
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net