Edge banding

I see that Rockler is offering a Burgess end banding router set on sale now:

have always glued strips of solid wood to the plywood edges and then used a block plane to match the edge to the surface of the plywood. This router set might be a good thing to have. Has anyone used something like this?

TIA

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Agreed. Having t&g helps alignment, and makes claming much less problematic. With glue in the joing, I'd expect the curved one to want to slide all over the place.

I recently purchased this set from Eagle America:

cuts a 60-degree "V" and a tongue and groove (part #100-9107F).

It was just a bit fussy to set up, but no biggie. Make sure you have featherboards to keep the plywood and edging stock tight to the table.

I used it to cut some maple banding for 3/4 plywood. Worked great.

Reply to
Art Greenberg