Ecogate Automatic Blast Gate System

Does anyone have the Ecogate automatic blast gate system. If yes, how do you like it.

Reply to
Tom

I have the basic system (controller and four gates) and am very happy with it. I have the earlier (original?) style gates...the new ones look to be better-built. I have one manual circuit that I use for a floor sweep and for my lathe. The other four circuits are automatic and serve my tablesaw, jointer, planer and thicknessing sander. All the automatic gates use the vibration sensors to activate the circuit. The tablesaw (a Unisaw) was a bit tricky, as it really doesn't vibrate all that much. I finally found a spot on the cabinet that vibrates just enough to activate the controller.

The Ecogate system is expensive, but I managed to snarf one on eBay, new in the original unopened box for half-price (is this a gloat?). Even at full price, knowing what I know now, I'd do it again.

Walt Novinger Raleigh, NC

Reply to
Walt Novinger