Ebony Wood Where Are You?

Both of my local yards don't carry ebony wood. Woodcraft carries it, but it costs an arm and a leg. Anyone know of a good mail order for it?
I need a few 8" strips for some inlay. And a few 1/4" square plugs.
Thanks

You might also consider Blackwood.
Consider looking at pen blanks. IIRC I bought a dozen Blackwood pen blanks for about $20.
You may want to look for some persimmon, also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persimmon Page down to the bottom of the link for a few "wood" specifics.
Sonny

When has ebony not cost an arm a leg? Maybe before the ancient Egyptians started using it? :-)
A crowbar to the wallet is needed for ebony.
Luigi

Not sure exactly what you need, but Lee Valley carries some. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pX779&cat=1,250,43217 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pb168&cat=1,250,43217

http://www.amwoodinc.com /
It's pricey stuff. Wowsers.

Clarks Hardwood Lumber in Houston. They had quite a bit today, probably in excess of a hyndred bf.
http://clarkshardwoodlumber.com/index.php
They will be pricey, but worth a call.
West Penn Hardwoods has anything you want and smoe woods you never heard of. Their site is http://westpennhardwoods.com /