Ebony: Wax removal

I just bpoght some ebony stock. How do I remove the parrafin wax that it came coated with?

Cabinet scraper. If it's too rough for that, then just ignore it and it will go away when you smooth the surface anyway. Wax can be a bit pf a problem when sanding, but edged tools (hand or machine) will go stragiht through it without any trouble.