ebay price history?

Is there a website that shows the final prices of items that have been sold on ebay?
I'm getting ready to put some tools up and want to have an idea of what they will sell for.

You can search Ebay "Closed Auctions Only" and get that info. Only problem is it only goes back about 90 days. Not a problem if it is a popular item, but not much use for the more uncommon items.

A search of completed listings doesn't go back anywhere near 90 days. I just did a completed listings search and it goes back to December 27th.
They used to do 30 days and went to 2 weeks a while back. This really sucks as it is hard to get a value on something that you only see every week or two on Ebay.
Brian Elfert
writes:

Hmm, you are right. That does suck. Another useful resource gone.

Some of the third party outfits - Vendio? - claim they have searchable data. Are they just doing the same search available to everyone, or do they download and store the data? Anyone ever use one of them?

I know Ebay keeps the data for 90 days or more. You can go into feedback for a user and still bring up listings that are at least 90 days old.
Maybe Ebay licenses access to the old data to third parties to make a little extra revenue. I can imagine the server load would be huge if they searched through 90 days or more of completed listings.
Brian Elfert

Didn't think about them licensing the use of the data. That makes sense.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:27:58 -0800, "Pounds on Wood"

It doesn't seem to be consistent: sometimes a lot more than 30 days' worth comes up. At one time, I guess when the database was a small fraction of what it is now, you could go back to the Beginning of Time.
eBay just raised their fees very substantially.

Only the fees for Ebay Stores have increased substantially. They didn't change the listing fees or FVF for regular auctions. They did raise the fee for a gallery listing $.10, but I don't call that substantial.
Brian Elfert

In absolute dollars, you are right. Percentage-wise, however, they are substantial, especially if you sell a lot of low-priced stuff like CDs. The gallery fee is a 40% increase; 10-day listing fees doubled.
Tom ...
<<Is there a website that shows the final prices of items that have been sold on ebay?
I'm getting ready to put some tools up and want to have an idea of what they will sell for.>>
If you do a search for items similar to the ones you want to sell, then look at the yellow box to the left of the items you will see, toward the bottom, the heading "Search Options." Under that is "Show Only" with several check boxes. Select the one that says "Completed Listings" and click the "Show Items" button. You will then get a new list of items for which the auctions are completed and the final bid price. You can then sort that list according to date or price in ascending or decending order. Each listing also shows the shipping cost as a separate item (if available) and also the number of bidders there were on the item. If an item went unsold, either because the reserve was not met or there were no bidders, its price is shown in red.
Lee

auctions, but now you have to loggin to see. John
On the left under search you can choose to see completed items. max

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:18:58 -0700, max wrote

price as a way to help you decide a starting price.
-Bruce
calmly ranted:

Go to Ebay, log in, and then go to Advanced Searches. Click the "Completed listings only" checkbox and go from there. (Checking completed listings requires Ebay membership, so you'll -have- to log in first.)
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications