ebay is a haven for idiocy....

I *like* the way this man thinks!

Doug Miller

Well if it was public domain music, couldn't you have bought one set and made copies? Kidding, just joking!!!

Some radio stations urge the listener to play them in the workplace. All day long! In a way the station is licencing the end user to do so.

I share your feelings about the music patrol. Just when I thought I heard it all.

I like the music in your stores. Better than a radio station.

I bought the pair of new spokeshaves Saturday. Last day of the discount. Havent used them yet, but they sure look nice!

John

Reply to
Eddie Munster

I'm not sure how Canuckian laws differ, but Down Here there's a distinction between public and non-public. Playing it in your office is one thing; playing it where customers or visitors or the general public can hear it (anywhere that it's seen as an attraction or part of the atmosphere), invokes royalties.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

In article , snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com says... ... snip

Rob,

Good for you! You guys are a class[ical] act!

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

There's not a THING idiotic or unethical about selling something for a profit. There's also nothing unethical about selling for a price higher than another vendor. If it were, there would be no "good deals" ANYWHERE.

The capital rule about pricing applies here: "What the market will bear."

If the eBay market will bear above-retail prices because of the ignorance of bidders, or because of the "auction frenzy" mentality, then that's just fine as far as I'm concerned.

There are MANY auction areas on eBay where items end up selling for well above retail.

I do agree that the auctions in questioned should have been shut down for image and textual copyright infringement. But if he wrote his own text and took a picture with his digital camera, then I say more power to him!

Joe

stickdoctor bellowed forth with this wisdom for all to hear:

Reply to
Joe Helmick

Joe Helmick wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Then, properly forwarned, I will not ever do any business with you or any company that you represent, for you can not be trusted due to your complete lack of business ethics (now THERE's an oxymoron for ya....).

Reply to
stickdoctorq

That explains the newly posted big sign close to the speakers saying words to the effect that this music is brought to you by in your stores (at least in Toronto).

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust

Yup - and we'll most likely be drawing for the orchestra tickets at each store - well some of them anyway....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee