ebay is a haven for idiocy....

Page 3 of 3
sslawnh responds:

Checked the Lee Valley catalog lately? I vote that ethics certainly has a place and LV shows where it is.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Amen, Charlie. They're a breath of fresh air and proof that "ethical success" is not an oxymoron.
djb
--
Is it time to change my sig line yet?

OK, maybe not. Let's just say (tmPL) it offends MY sense of ethics.
Jon E

And that's just PART of what might be wrong with this society...ethics should be a part of EVERYTHING you do.
But that's just my take on it...YMMV
Mike
Stickdoctor:
This item is no longer on eBay. If Robin Lee reported use of copyrighted material, that is a violation that eBay would most likely enforce.
So he's gone for now!
MJ Wallace
There's not a THING idiotic or unethical about selling something for a profit. There's also nothing unethical about selling for a price higher than another vendor. If it were, there would be no "good deals" ANYWHERE.
The capital rule about pricing applies here: "What the market will bear."
If the eBay market will bear above-retail prices because of the ignorance of bidders, or because of the "auction frenzy" mentality, then that's just fine as far as I'm concerned.
There are MANY auction areas on eBay where items end up selling for well above retail.
I do agree that the auctions in questioned should have been shut down for image and textual copyright infringement. But if he wrote his own text and took a picture with his digital camera, then I say more power to him!
Joe
this wisdom for all to hear:

Then, properly forwarned, I will not ever do any business with you or any company that you represent, for you can not be trusted due to your complete lack of business ethics (now THERE's an oxymoron for ya....).