eBay -- I've seen some weird auctions, but this takes the cake

stupid enough to bid on it as of 8:50pm 23 June 2004...

-- Howard Lee Harkness hlh snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com (alternate email)

-- hosting & domain registration

Reply to
Howard

WOW!

I really wanted that machine, so I bid $10,000, and I WON!

But after three or four months, I decided that I paid too much, and I'd rather spend the dough on new tools. So I went back in time, undid my bid, and it's like it never happened. Is that amazing or what?

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Yep, I sold it to you for $10,000, shortly after I had won the auction when you undid your bid and mine was the next highest at $300. Damned amazing.

/rick.

Reply to
RickS

Reply to
Mark L.

I e-mailed the auction to my nephew. He might be stupid enough. :-)

Reply to
Joe_Stein

That is obvious, it's got to have a flux capacitor in it...! The seller just doesn't mention it... Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

it would probably work too if you attached the two electrode thingies to you balls instead of up near your belly button.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

It will work. I'll prove it. I've just bid 8,000 Quatlous and when I win ...

Reply to
DarylRos

actually there is a simple test. as proven on bill and ted.

sit down and say to yourself, PROMISE yourself, that if you are ever able to go back to the past from the future, say to a point when you are 16 years old. you absolutely swerar you will bring your past self some information from the future that will make you rich.

now... if you are ever going to be able to time travel in the future, that should retroactively make you rich changing all reality around you.

what, it didnt happen? well looks like you arent going back to the past, in the future....

randy

Reply to
xrongor

"xrongor"

...and don't forget that damn butterfly effect... just step on a butterfly and then watch for the differences in the future. They can be drastic!

In which case, to get rich, all you'd need to do is collect a penny from the ground and cherish it (in the past), you'd get rich in the future and you know it (knowing that damn butterfly effect, that is!)!

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Reply to
Mark L.

It sounds like a good deal, this place charges $590 for the same thing, but you can buy plans to build you own for only $30.

Rick Sherman

"should be transported", "you may even be physically transported in time"

Before I plunk down my hard earned cash, I want a guarantee... Not "should", nor "may be", but "will" and "absolutely".

Also, I at least want to read an owners manual so I don't screw things up. Then again, who reads manuals???

Stephen R.

Reply to
S R

When my 80486 Win3.1 PC was considered a very fast computer I read every word in the Microsoft Office manuals. Someone help me out if my memory is fading -- Word 6, Access 2, Excel 4, PowerPoint (?)...

I still read every word on every page of the manuals MS sends out with Office. The fact they don't send out printed manuals anymore makes the reading go much quicker. ;-)

-- Mark

P.S. I have to use MS Word because it's "The Corproate Standard." IMO it's still not as good at graphics and the user interface as Samna's AmiPro for Win 3.0.

Reply to
Mark Jerde

snipped-for-privacy@FreshCoffee.biz

Howard

Yeah, me too. Maybe we should consider buying the time machine and going back to those times. But lets not go so far back as to use punch cards. (I'm dating myself here).

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

What's the matter, forget where the dup key is?

Reply to
My Old Tools