ebay bidders on crack - revisted - DW734 planer

Here is an auction for a DW734 planer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemC34808159&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
At this moment it is $377plus $48 shipping. Effective price: $425.
Amazon has it listed now for $379 minus $25 discount for purchases over $199 and minus $50 in the form of a VISA gift card. So, the effective Amazon price, with its free shipping, is $304.
Overbid: $121, and counting w/ 5 hours to go.
Oh, and did I mention: The Amazon one is NEW and the ebay one is a REFURB. Go figga' -- Igor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemC34808159&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
You seem to be a fine example. Do you rock-up your own coke?
Alex
Alex,
I must have missed something. What's with this ad-hominem against igor?
AAvK wrote:

It was one of those "with" jokes, not an "against" joke. Quite common in this NG I believe... Since I intended no offence or true insult, I do not apologise.
Alex
Don't feel bad, I missed it too. Greg

ame=STRK:MEWA:IT
REFURB.

Hi Group, By inverse logic, we should all list our old Delta planers on Ebay....................... then turn the profit into a new one from Amazon and have enough left for a couple of Bessey Clamps or something. Not a Bad Idea! I THINK I'LL FIRE UP TURBO LISTER RIGHT AWAY! Michael
On 14 Nov 2004 16:38:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (mrmortise) wrote:

Why not just list one for sale at $400, free shipping, and give Amazon the winning bidder's name and address, and keep the difference?