Easy Wood Turning Tools

It has been quite a while since I turned anything. I am considering purchas e of Easy Wood turning tools with carbide insert edges. My current set is H SS. Anyone care to share any pros/cons for these? I am not presently intere sted in the hollowing tools...just the rougher, finisher, and detailer. Thanks
On 12/26/2013 5:29 PM, BillinGA wrote:

Well if you do not like sharpening and have an arsenal of tools, this is the way to go.
I have the mid sized, rougher, finisher, and detailer. I'm not sure you need anything else.
I have had a lathe for 30 years, a couple actually and never turned with such expertise as with the Easywood tools. There is not learning curve and basically no more ruined pieces.
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:29:23 -0800, BillinGA wrote:

You might want to take a look at:
http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/index.htm
The same thing with a lower price. I bought the bowlpro a few years ago and it works great. I've talked to the owner and he tells me he's sold all over the world.
--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.
On 12/26/2013 4:58 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I can highly recommend the Woodchuck tools. Ken has been producing high quality tools at a great price for many years now and I have bought and use several of them. I can also recommend the Easy Wood detailer. If you look closely, it has a rounded tip and not a pointed one like other detailers. Very nice.
I recently purchased the Sorby Turnmaster. It features a single handle wit h interchangeable heads. Each head can accommodate a variety of cutters. Th e basic unit comes with HSS round, square and detail cutters. Because of t he interchangeable head, your tool rest needs to be about 2 inches from you r work. It has taken me a bit to get used to this, but I am starting to ge t a feel for it. I also have the Hunter 5 tool, which I like a lot.
Larry