earthquakes

With all the earthquakes around the world lately, include the floods in OZ, quake in NZ, ice and snow storms in the UK and USA, floods everywhere around the world, bushfires in heaps of places. looks like the so-called predictions of Nostradamus and the end of the 5th epoch according to the Aztecs, will end on 24th December 2011. The Mayan calendar comes to an end on 23rd December 2012, Looks like it is on the way. Got your seat booked on an express flight to Mars ??

Reply to
George W Frost

I already left this planet in the late sixties...

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y2g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

I'll just stay on board here in compartment 07410

Reply to
Han

Hmmmm...... Now how did this end up on a woodworking group without OT.

Oh.

Just like all of the others.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Does the word E A R T H Q U A K E really _need_ an OT? *chuckles*

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, considering SOME PEOPLE post everything to all groups w/o OT --- It should.

This kind of stuff will eventually turn our group into another Troll Kingdom. Example; rec.outdoors.rv-travel.

Reply to
RonB

Well, considering SOME PEOPLE post everything to all groups w/o OT --- It should.

This kind of stuff will eventually turn our group into another Troll Kingdom. Example; rec.outdoors.rv-travel.

Oh Gee, I am soooo sorry to have upset your equilibrium by posting this But as most older houses in Japan are built out of wood and paper, which is a by product of wood, then I actually thought it might have a semblance to the group. But, alas, I was wrong So, I deeply apologize to you and your like minded friends and only hope that you don't miss the bus Then again, with your mind-set, I wouldn't give a flying f*ck if you did miss the bus, which by the way, I think Robatoy is driving

Reply to
George W Frost

Some folks forget to OT from time to time. I do.

Other people think everything the put on any news group is so important they don't have to OT.

You do.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

MEEP MEEP!!!! VROOM wharlgarble, VROOM wharlgarblewharlgarblewharlgarblewahrrrr....

Reply to
Robatoy

That situation is just nuts... In terms of scale, that's like Lake Huron wanting to go South ....through my living room... I'm no expert, but how could they say 200-300 dead? That has to be thousands, maybe tens of thousands... I read somewhere ha Japan moved EIGHT feet???

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

-------------------------

Yep, it is hard to get your head around the concepts involved in a major geological event. The numbers are staggering. Particularly when they start comparing this vent with others. This earthquake is supposed to be THOUSANDS of times more severe than the recent New Zealand quake. And Japan is more prepared to deal with sort of thing than anybody. There is only so much you can do when dealing with pissed off Mother Nature.

One very sobering bit of info that comes out of this is that the Pacific Northwest hast the exact some kind of fault just off our coast. Only ours is bigger and longer! (The Cascadia Fault) And we had a 9.0 quake in this region 300 years ago.

Is it any mystery that people often go to geologically sound areas for retirement?

I should mention that my wife is a geological nut. She loves anything to do with earthquakes, volcanoes, erosion, continental drift, etc. She is ecstatic now watching all this.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

. not far enough----->away.

[snip]

and LOTS of PEOPLE respond ergo - Troll.

Indeed so.

Might I introduce myself, Ron?

I am a Troll. Not your usual run-oer-the-mill smartass troll, but a fully blown, highly skilled, professionally educated, linguistically enhanced Troll. Very dangerous evolved specimen of the species. Should I target a group you read you can be very sure that in just three weeks you will unsubscribe. In three months, when you return for a "look around" - you good guys always do - you will find only withered pillars of that community. Trust me on that truth. No measure will deny what I wish to invoke, should I choose to. How? Like is happening right now with that nuke threat in Japan. I just keep on extending the exclusion zone.

I know the group you point to, of old :-)

Relax. Some years ago I saw the "error of my ways", found the "Usenet God" - if you like.

Today I engage myself in running down and squashing wannabe Trolls. This new breed insult a time honored tradition with their lame antics and reliance on kindergarten psychology! Not forgetting copying (poorly) what has been done many times before. In RW I have identified a number of the gathering as fitting that descriptor, mostly harmless and easily dealt with by the wise among you. Your post tells me you have early warning recognition skills, so I give you this notice.

There is one, and one only, I seek. You know 'him'. Give Josepi _no Voice_ in RW and you will avert RW becoming a "Troll Kingdom". There is sound early warning.

Trolls play on one principle, Ron, being that which says "if the punters want to play with it (then) it is fair game to join in and kick the ass out of the target".

The solution of course is to not begin to play with IT. Today many are easily "sucked in" with lame ploys. Before anyone "plays" it is prudent to check the origin of a post *and* the veracity of the information within post headers. By "headers" it is meant to look at the lines not apparent in a post on screen. These: Path: newsfe11.iad.POSTED!e54bacd!not-for-mail From: "Josepi" X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3508.1109 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V15.4.3508.1109 Message-ID: X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:12:39 UTC Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:12:58 -0500

As a general rule? If you are not equipped to see these and/or are not skilled to READ them (then) do not play. New names appearing on a group should always be handled in that manner even long after they are established. Josepi specializes in using Google to create and keep "on topic" until the day comes it suits HIM to start playing. He is however easily teased out of that mode, as are many other wannabe Trolls. His history is more than 11 years old. Josepi is no newbie Troll, he is however a wannabe, never having been able to cut it amongst Trolls. Rejected he haunts groups which are soft targets. Do not be a target, hard or soft.

Hope that helps you help others in RW, Ron.

Threads can swing into off-topic content, but, but, it is not wise to respond or recognise topics posted in the manner "Earthquakes" has been. As you say, let one in and it is fair play on letting ALL in. Get my drift?

Reply to
no-chip-churlock

12/21/2012, George.
300 is a nice number for deaths. It allows administrators to start releasing funds and is a much nicer # than 1,000 or 10,000 deaths.

Up, down, left, right, back, or forward, sir?

-- Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate. --James Garfield

Reply to
Larry Jaques

All of the above.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

If the final death toll is less than 150,000 it will be nothing short of a MIRACLE.

Reply to
clare

Or West by Northwest?

-- Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate. --James Garfield

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That number is from where they can get to, to make counts.

It's been openly said that the number is expected to go higher. Signficantly higher.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Must be in heaven then with the volcano going on the south island.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Was East.

Reply to