Eagle tools? Band saw= Help

Anyone know about the brand? I have a offer for a 14" band saw made by them. 100.00 and it comes with new blade. I need the pro's and con's on the brand.
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 00:30:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JAKE) wrote:

never heard of 'em.
I'm betting it's one of the many knockoffs of the venerable 14 Rockwell. They are a spotty bunch with many names.
If it cuts well, take a chance. Probably sells for three times that.

Eagle America? They make OK router bits.

JAKE wrote:

I don't know whether Eagle Tools and Eagle America are affiliated in any way. The former is a purveyor of large tools (e.g.Euroshop, Jet, Powermatic, etc.) and is located in the LA area. I bought my PM66 from their Pasadena store some years ago. Eagle America sells bits, cutters, clamps, etc. Good companies both, but I don't know about the band saw (different company again?). I would have to see it first.     mahalo,     jo4hn