Eagle Scout project complete!

My son A.J. finished his Eagle Scout project today: construction and installation of the Stations of the Cross on the grounds of Cardinal Ritter High School (his alma mater) and St. Michael's Catholic Church here in Indianapolis.

(Note to non-Catholics: the Stations of the Cross is a devotional intended to encourage meditation on the sufferings and death of Jesus Christ. It consists of fourteen icons depicting various events during His Passion, beginning with his condemnation by Pilate, leading up to and ending with his body being laid in the tomb.)

Photos of the completed project here:

concept, design, and management by my son. Scrollsaw work by my wife. Construction and installation by my son and over a dozen volunteer helpers. Special thanks to Carter-Lee Lumber Company of Indianapolis for their very generous donation of *all* of the lumber used in this project.

Reply to
Doug Miller

[...]

Congratulations to your son. Eagle scout projects are a good lesson in life and most Eagle scouts go on to great things.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks, Ed.

When he was a Cub Scout, his den and a few others took a field trip to the Marshall Space Center in Huntsville AL. One sentence from their welcoming program for the Scouts has stuck with me: "Every footprint on the moon was left there by an Eagle Scout."

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well done...

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

>>> Project concept, design, and management by my son.

Except this one in New Hampshire, he was fined for getting lost in the mountains of NH.

evodawg

Congratulations on raising an Eagle Scout!!

Reply to
Swingman

Pay up kid or we'll break your ankles. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Outstanding!

Attaining Eagle is a magnificent accomplishment.

Congratulations.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Chrystonacrutch! ...that's one heckuva project. Your son did an amazing job and definitely earned his Eagle badge.

Not quite sure why my linux box wouldn't play the photobucket slideshow in any one of my three browsers (crash or blk screen), but here's the link to view it manually:

notbob

Now /there's/ a life lesson for those likely to be the leaders of the next generation: 'Stay on the marked path, no matter what.'

I suppose NH should be nominated for some kind of special "Peace and Stability" award.

Maybe the kid can even the score by suing NH for failing to exercise due diligence because the helicopters the state typically used were unavailable when they were needed.

:-T

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you. My wife is particularly proud: she and her best friend were the co-leaders of his Cub Scout den. Of the eight or nine boys in the den, only four (our son, her friend's son, and two others) stayed in that den all the way through Cub Scouts -- and _all four_ are now Eagle Scouts.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Was that really necessary?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Absolutely, its the popular and required thing to do in a liberal secular world to discredit non-secular beliefs...

Reply to
George

Nice work. I'll bet your son will do OK in life.

Reply to
George

Looks like a well-executed project from start to finish!

A no-reservations "Well done!" to all, with special recognition to Mom and Dad for their successful efforts to raise an Eagle Scout.

Very well done, indeed.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you, Morris. We're very proud of him.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I thought scouting was about out-door stuff, survival, being prepared, etc.

What do chuch-related activities have to do with any of that?

Why was this even posted to alt.home.repair?

If your choice of newsgroups is not appropriate, then you can expect to get some flack.

What the hell is comp.sys.tandem?

None of these groups are appropriate for the OP.

Are there no scouting groups?

Reply to
Some Guy

the rec is like a family and Doug wanted to share a a"happy" moment with his friends. If you are not educated enough to realize that, it is better to keep your mouth shut rather than prove your stupidity!

WOW! Eagle Scout....that will open doors for your son the rest of his life and a wonderful foundation to build upon. Good Job DAD!

Reply to
mike from American Sycamore

-snip-

Just curious- has anyone actually done the research on that?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht