E-mails

Fri, Nov 16, 2007, 10:42pm snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (Edwin=A0Pawlowski) doth sayeth: Every year at Christmas, JOAT sends his email address along with a nice card, stating he will accept your email. If you don't get one this year, it means, well, you get the idea.

And for those few of you that want to send me an e-mail anyway, send them to Ed so he can screen them first, and then he will forward just the "important" ones. And, for those of you that don't get the e-mail, here's the card. Merry Xmas.

Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Sat, Nov 17, 2007, 3:52am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@why.spam.me.bigpond.dot.net.au (Mike=A0Richardson) doth sayeth: EVERY ONE STAND BACK..................................

No, no. Not to worry, everyone here is always polite to everyone else. You should already know that.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Fri, Nov 16, 2007, 11:13pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: The way USENET worked originally was that someone posted, people replied by email, and the original poster then put up a summary of the emails. This was back when it was carried on Fidonet and the like and propagation of messages might take a week or more.

Time marches on. Or so they say.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Sat, Nov 17, 2007, 5:19am snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net (Mike=A0Marlow) doth sayeth: You should simply shut down your email account rather than make this same post two or three times a year. Ferchristsakes, you'd think your privacy at home had been invaded. The last sentence is nothing if not ironic...

But look at all the responses it elicits. At least at home I have a wondernine handy. Ironic? Huh, and here I was, thinking it was sarcastic. Learn something new every day.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Sat, Nov 17, 2007, 12:45pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-.com (LRod) doth sayeth: You're just unclear on this whole internet thing, aren't you. Oh, webtv. You're not really on the internet then, are you?

Clear enough, ran from 9 to 11 main frames for about 9 years - which is one reason I have a WebTV now.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Sun, Nov 18, 2007, 9:20pm (EST-1) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) doth sayeth: You don't understand JT/JOAT. If he can't bitch, whine and complain periodically, his sinuses get all inflamed, his piles start bleeding, he starts to weep unconsolably, he starts repainting all his tools green, and starts considering getting a real internet connection instead of webtv. You do NOT want that to happen. Oh, he also starts calling people "sunshine". It's just too ugly.

The name "Buttercup" comes to mind also. LMAO Hell, I don't complain, I state legetimate concerns. At least that's what management always use to call it when they complained. And that is an outright lie, saying I would repaint any tools green. Red maybe, green no.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

to suppose that otherwise anyone will know that is your preference.

Emailing the link to them does NOT stop anyone else from having the same link.

Reminds me of the index to a Unix text. The enter for 'recursive' read 'see recursive.'

It's the non-exceptions who don't know who they are and it would appear that you intend to keep it that way.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

The point is that response to a USENET post via email is not discourteous, at best it's anachronistic.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Mon, Nov 19, 2007, 1:25pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred=A0the=A0Red=A0Shirt) doth sayeth: Emailing the link to them does NOT stop anyone else from having the same link.

The enter for 'recursive' read 'see recursive.'

It's the non-exceptions who don't know who they are and it would appear that you intend to keep it that way.

If you e-mail it to one, you've gotta be prepared to e-mail it to everyone. I'll post, I won't e-mail.

???

If they don't know that they're exceptions, that should automatically tell them they're non-exceptions. Sounds good to me.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Mon, Nov 19, 2007, 6:28pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: The point is that response to a USENET post via email is not discourteous, at best it's anachronistic.

Not always maybe, but sometimes, for sure. Yep, anachronistic, time marched on, or at least ambled on.

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Most Folks who post with a routable email address in their headers and nothing that says "please don't; send me email' are OK with receiving private on-topic email.

You don't understand that you're the exception here, instead you expect everyone else to divine if they are or are not.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

It doesn't tell people to not send you private email.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Oh man, that's rich!

Reply to
Larry W

Tue, Nov 20, 2007, 9:39am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred=A0the=A0Red=A0Shirt) You don't understand that you're the exception here, instead you expect everyone else to divine if they are or are not.

You aren't. No divination required..

JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

Reply to
J T

Tue, Nov 20, 2007, 9:41am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred=A0the=A0Red=A0Shirt) doth sayeth: It doesn't tell people to not send you private email.

OK, as long as it makes you happy. A change to my sig, stating I do not want to receive e-mail. .

JOAT I do not want to receive e-mail from snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred=A0the=A0Red=A0Shirt) at any time.

Reply to
J T

Well, geeze, JT, I gave up on _anything_ from _him_ a long time ago and dumped him down the bit bucket.

Reply to
J. Clarke