E-mails

Page 2 of 2
Fri, Nov 16, 2007, 11:13pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth sayeth: The way USENET worked originally was that someone posted, people replied by email, and the original poster then put up a summary of the emails. This was back when it was carried on Fidonet and the like and propagation of messages might take a week or more.
Time marches on. Or so they say.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
J T wrote:

The point is that response to a USENET post via email is not discourteous, at best it's anachronistic.
--John
Mon, Nov 19, 2007, 6:28pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth sayeth: The point is that response to a USENET post via email is not discourteous, at best it's anachronistic.
Not always maybe, but sometimes, for sure. Yep, anachronistic, time marched on, or at least ambled on.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,

You should simply shut down your email account rather than make this same post two or three times a year. Ferchristsakes, you'd think your privacy at home had been invaded. The last sentence is nothing if not ironic...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:20:10 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

You're just unclear on this whole internet thing, aren't you.
Oh, webtv. You're not really on the internet then, are you?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Damn libtards

He did not invent the internet.
He invented the algorithm.
Where do you think it got its name?
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Nowrecki on any new cases?

Good one, Tom... I will ad that to my memory banks..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Sat, Nov 17, 2007, 12:45pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-.com (LRod) doth sayeth: You're just unclear on this whole internet thing, aren't you. Oh, webtv. You're not really on the internet then, are you?
Clear enough, ran from 9 to 11 main frames for about 9 years - which is one reason I have a WebTV now.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
<...snipped...>

Oh man, that's rich!
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On Nov 20, 1:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

It doesn't tell people to not send you private email.
--
FF

Tue, Nov 20, 2007, 9:41am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (FredtheRedShirt) doth sayeth: It doesn't tell people to not send you private email.
OK, as long as it makes you happy. A change to my sig, stating I do not want to receive e-mail. .
JOAT I do not want to receive e-mail from snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (FredtheRedShirt) at any time.
J T wrote:

Well, geeze, JT, I gave up on _anything_ from _him_ a long time ago and dumped him down the bit bucket.
--John