Dyes and glue-up

I've been experimenting with dyes recently, something I've never tried before. I'm about to get started on a first project with dyed wood and I wonder about glue-up.
Can I dye a piece of wood and then glue it normally afterwards (i.e., yellow glue, pretty much like any wood)?
The dye, from what I've seen and what I've read, soaks into the wood rather than coating the surface like a stain, and the surface of the dyed wood looks pretty normal except for the color. So I'm thinking I probably can treat it like normal wood for glueing purposes, but I haven't seen this mentioned one way or another anywhere.
Advice from the group?
Reply-to address is real John

In my experience, yes.

Right! Pigment stains, and pigment/dye combo stains, contain a binder, usually a varnish, that seals the wood. Glue doesn't stick well to varnish. Genuine dye stains don't contain a binder.

Yes you should be able to glue no proble,. Be careful with glue squeeze out. It would be hard to sand and repair.
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com
On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:38:32 -0700 (PDT), randyswoodshoop

Thanks, Barry and Randy, for confirming what I thought. (And that's a good point about the squeeze out. I'll have to watch it.
Reply-to address is real John

Mix some dye into your glue.