DW735 Snipe adjustment

i have the same planer and when i got snipe it was because i was trying to take too light of a cut im not sure how much your taking off but try a little heaver cut see if that helps also how thin of a board are you cutting ?

Reply to
trimax

Anyone know how to adjust this unit for snipe? The book has nothing on an adjustment. I ran a 2 foot long, 6" wide piece of pine thru it so support is not a problem and still get about 3" on each end.

Reply to
jditto

The optional feed tables, correctly set up, are supposed to help, but I was still getting a little snipe. I wanted zero snipe, so I shimmed the feed rollers, and now snipe is nonexistant. I wish they had an adjustment for the rollers, but they don't.

Reply to
Mark Howell

Please post details of how/where you shimmed, shim size, etc. I'm not having snipe problems on my 735, but I'd like to know what to do should they appear.

TIA...

Doug Miller

I second this request, details please. I was able to adjust the optional tables to mostly eliminate the snipe, but would like to see if there is a better way. Thanks,

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke

O.K., if you raise the heightof the cutter unit all the way up and look at the roller ends, you'll see that the roller bearing blocks are held in with a bracket and two screws. The bracket sorta looks like this:

Reply to
Mark Howell

Reply to
jditto