DW735 Gloat Followup

Remember my post about a month ago, about SWMBO getting a DW735 planer through her employer, new, for $294?
It gets better.
We sold our old Delta 22-560 on eBay... for $225.
Net cost for the DeWalt, after subtracting eBay and PayPal fees: eighty-two bucks.
That one is good enough to be classified as a Black Hole....!
Bob S.

through
that's not really the net cost doug. you have to factor in the orginal cost of the Delta.
dave
Doug Miller wrote:

Actually, your net cost is $294. The fact that you financed the purchase by selling another planer is not relevant - a toolish version of the common "sources and uses" fallacy.
The Delta had value before and after the purchase of the Dewalt - you merely converted that value to cash. Ascribing that value to a reduction in the cost of the DeWalt is arbitrary.
Excellent deal on a great tool in any case.

(JohnD) wrote:

I'd had the Delta since the fall of '01, and long ago figured that I had already gotten my money's worth out of it. Further, I had a 2.5 year old used two-knife 50 cut-per-inch planer; now I have a new unused three-knife 179 cpi planer. [well, ok, it isn't unused any more :-) ]

No doubt.