DustCutterMS Procust Tester!

Apparently, I've been picked to be an official product tester for the DustCutterMS. I found this device when it was the Keen Dust Chuter when I was looking for better CMS dust collection for on-site molding jobs.
I couldn't buy one because the original company (inventor) was bought by Milescraft and they were still developing it for their brand. I begged them to let me buy a prototype but they said they couldn't do that. Next thing you know I get an email asking me to be a tester for the new product.
<http://www.milescraft.com/products/dust-collection-systems/dust-collection -(keen-products)/1502-dustchuter>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-cnRNx2Hk

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for free! :-)
--

-MIKE-

I don't know what the hell a "procust" is, but that was supposed to be "product."
:-)
--

-MIKE-

It is short for professional customer such as yourself, your fingers just knew it, though you did not.
On 3/29/2016 2:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Now you tell me. On your recommendation I just ordered a Procust from Amazon. Will be here Thursday.

Are you sure it won't be here on Friday, April 1?
Puckdropper
On 3/29/2016 6:56 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

The one from Lee Valley will be here then.
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:32:13 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

I'll be curious to hear your review. All those bungee cords, straps and adapters worry me. I'll be interested to hear how easy they are to attach, if they can be kept clear of every kind of cut without needing to be repositioned, and if they are secure enough not to pop off and scare the crap out the user in the middle of a cut.
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:07:50 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

.... Pop off and get hung up in the spinning blade.
Any rubberized/bungee cords would need to be inspected often, to make sure they aren't deteriorating, and break in the middle of a cut.
Looks promising, though. Worth a try.
Sonny

Which shows that enough begging and groveling can get results!
My concern would be any kind of velcro around sawdust. I have seen velcro get so clogged up it was useless.
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:42:11 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hmmm.... good catch. I had forgotten that years ago I bought a "universal dust bag" for my tools because the dust ports were different sizes and not all tools came with their own bag.
The "universal" had velcro keepers on it and the bag was useless after a couple of long uses because the velcro clogged. I never could get the fine particles and dust out of the velcro to get it to catch as designed.
I will be really interested to see how that affects this new gizmo.
Robert

Interesting. Let us know how it works out. I have the saw pictured (I think) and it makes a real mess. I'd gladly pay the $20 if it works.
On 3/29/2016 1:32 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Looking forward to hearing your experience.
Now, when you get it going, consider another hangout to show it off, with a beer toast to boot. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/30/16 10:41 AM, Swingman wrote:

Best idea I've heard all year!
--

-MIKE-

On 3/30/2016 10:56 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Address is the same. What kind of beer you sending this time? LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
replying to -MIKE-, Alex wrote: Hi I want one are they available yet? Did you try it? Thanks
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:14:01 +0000, Alex

No, I didn't try it yet. You didn't send the check!