DustCutterMS Procust Tester!

Apparently, I've been picked to be an official product tester for the DustCutterMS. I found this device when it was the Keen Dust Chuter when I was looking for better CMS dust collection for on-site molding jobs.

I couldn't buy one because the original company (inventor) was bought by Milescraft and they were still developing it for their brand. I begged them to let me buy a prototype but they said they couldn't do that. Next thing you know I get an email asking me to be a tester for the new product.

I'm excited to try this out because it looks the be the best solution to CMS dust collection, especially in the field. Oh, and I get it for free! :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I don't know what the hell a "procust" is, but that was supposed to be "product."

:-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'll be curious to hear your review. All those bungee cords, straps and adapters worry me. I'll be interested to hear how easy they are to attach, if they can be kept clear of every kind of cut without needing to be repositioned, and if they are secure enough not to pop off and scare the crap out the user in the middle of a cut.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It is short for professional customer such as yourself, your fingers just knew it, though you did not.

Reply to
Markem

Which shows that enough begging and groveling can get results!

My concern would be any kind of velcro around sawdust. I have seen velcro get so clogged up it was useless.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

.... Pop off and get hung up in the spinning blade.

Any rubberized/bungee cords would need to be inspected often, to make sure they aren't deteriorating, and break in the middle of a cut.

Looks promising, though. Worth a try.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Now you tell me. On your recommendation I just ordered a Procust from Amazon. Will be here Thursday.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:u8mdnb05f_0VZ2fLnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Are you sure it won't be here on Friday, April 1?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

The one from Lee Valley will be here then.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Interesting. Let us know how it works out. I have the saw pictured (I think) and it makes a real mess. I'd gladly pay the $20 if it works.

Reply to
krw

Hmmm.... good catch. I had forgotten that years ago I bought a "universal dust bag" for my tools because the dust ports were different sizes and not all tools came with their own bag.

The "universal" had velcro keepers on it and the bag was useless after a couple of long uses because the velcro clogged. I never could get the fine particles and dust out of the velcro to get it to catch as designed.

I will be really interested to see how that affects this new gizmo.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

Now, when you get it going, consider another hangout to show it off, with a beer toast to boot. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Best idea I've heard all year!

Reply to
-MIKE-

Address is the same. What kind of beer you sending this time? LOL

Reply to
Swingman

replying to -MIKE-, Alex wrote: Hi I want one are they available yet? Did you try it? Thanks

Reply to
Alex

No, I didn't try it yet. You didn't send the check!

Reply to
krw