Dust masks

I've been using these masks for several years. http://tinyurl.com/45ruzfp Now I can't seem to find the replacement filters. Seems they've been discontinued. Googled and Yahoo-ed and Bing-ed. Now I need recommendations for a different mask. Preferably something similar. (that is....with reasonably priced replacement filters)
Thanks,
Max
Max wrote:

Can you make your own replacement?
I'm thinking trimmed down coffee filter.

M:
This is the highest-ranked mask on Amazon: (Amazon.com product link shortened)01624178&sr=1-1 Not only that, but compare and read the number of reviews in support.
I recently had an occasion requiring a mask to keep an agressive and driven stream of abrasive matter out of my face and out of the respiratory tract. Major Surplus was offering a new-surplus, full face masks ex militry. After replacing the CS filters with some MSA cartridges (needed a little teflon tape to make the threading work), I was finally able to keep from being blind and breathe without a hitch. One of the paint stores had a comparable mask at more than 6 times the price. Major sold them all but if they ever re-stock, I'll holler on the group.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
"Max" wrote:

--------------------------------- With all your years with the fire department, you have to know at least a couple of safety equipment suppliers in town.
Time to open up wolley segap and let your fingers do the walking.
Lew

BTDT. I had better luck with welding equipment suppliers. I will likely settle for the mask Hennessey mentioned (3M-7503) Lowe's has them.
Thanks, Lew
Max

That 3M-7503 looks like the closest I'll get to the AO Safety model I had been using.
Thanks,
Max

M:
You're, of course, welcome. I find the two-cartridge masks draw better and run cooler than the single cartridge units.
Hopefully, that mil-spec, full mask will surface again. It is a flat gem.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 22:19:54 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

These look to be priced well: http://www.harborfreight.com/p95-maintenance-free-dual-cartridge-respirator-66554.html I hate the "disposable" thought, but it seems this is what manufacturing is coming to.
Single filter masks are still a buck on eBay, but I'm wary of them. http://goo.gl/fkGUg

I agree. I'm still using my AO Safety mask with extra carts I bought a couple years ago. There are no replacements available that I've seen. I have another screw-in type mask into which I've forced MSI dust cartridges. (Adapters were $26. FTS!) I use it while mowing my yard and blowing leaves.

I wish full-face masks were cheaper.
-- The secret of happiness is to make others believe they are the cause of it. -- Al Batt

http://www.harborfreight.com/p95-maintenance-free-dual-cartridge-respirator-66554.html
Hmm. Might work......if replaceable filters are available.

I'm a bit too frugal to dispose of a $15. (plus $6.99 shipping) mask after short use.

I have a good mask for spray painting and another one for welding. The one for painting is too cumbersome (IMO) for off and on use for sawdust. And the replacement filters for either mask are too expensive to be using them for sawdust. That AO Safety 95190 was ideal............damn "progress".
max

If you're just using it for sawdust why not get a pack of throwaway paper masks, gut an old cartridge, and rubber band the paper mask over the cartridge and trim as required? When it's clogged up, do the same with another.

The 7500 series -- IMHO -- is an incredible value.
I bought mine with the organic vapor cartridges (for finish work), and a couple pairs of the P100 (gets 100% of the particulate) matter for the fines.
It's incredibly comfortable, won't fog glasses/shop goggles, is easy to breathe through, and ... takes away most of the last excuses for not wearing one.

Seems to be the predominate choice. Thanks,
Max

Try this link and see if its what your looking for.

Mike M

I would take a couple dozen but: "Currently unavailable"
Max