Dust extraction

Having started to establish a "proper" workshop complete with bench I am now turning my thoughts to dust extraction. I shall probably go the whole hog in the near future but for now I have a surplus domestic vacuum cleaner (one of those otherwise useless drag about things on wheels, not an upright one). As we shouldn't be advertising here, all I can say about it is that Mr Dyson knows what it is.

I intend to connect the vacuum direct to the dust outlets on the circular saw/router/sander etc as I use them, once I have sourced suitable sized connectors.

Does the team have any advice on my proposed use for this surplus vacuum, and any thoughts on a more permanent dust extraction system. All my power tools at the moment are portable but that will not always be the case.

Many thanks in advance.

Malcolm Webb

Reply to
Malcolm Webb

It may help for clean up, but it is far too small capacity to use directly on a machine other than, possibly. the sander. I'd recomend not wasting the time to make the adapters for attaching it and go directly to at least a decent sized shop vac for a saw/router, etc. as they'll make far more chips than it will be able to handle.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

One of the best websites on dust collection is

I suggest you begin there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob