Dust Control Grounding

I have a portable dust collector and I was wondering how to ground the hose when I am constantly moving it around from machine to machine. I get shocked from the outside of the hose, so I assume there's some static going on on the inside.

Reply to
JR

Lots of references online. Google Bill Pentz and click on "static electricity" for one commonly-cited source here. Also, I believe Lee Valley includes a little packet on grounding with all their DC accessories, and they may have more info online. Andy

Reply to
Andy

wire in the dust collection system should be grounded at both the dust collector and the woodworking tool. I understand the importance of a good ground, but wouldn't ti be better to ground through a single path?

Reply to
Robert Haar

Upscale

If you get a 60hz hum in your audio equipment yes, but a ground loop in wood working tools probably is not hurting anything.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

The better flexible hose has a wire already running through it, the coiled wire maintains the shape of the hose and comes out each end. Tie an end to a wire that is grounded. One end if fine.

Reply to
Leon

Use a short piece of stranded wire soldered to the wire in the hose and the other end attached to an alligator clip. Sometimes I have to solder a small piece of wire to the machine to be grounded if there is no place to fasten the clip.

Reply to
Phisherman