Dust collector bag woes!!

The lower bag on my King dust collector came with a plastic viewing window in it. That was a great idea (initially) because you could see how much it had filled up.
THEN!!! One day I went to where the collector was only to discover chips all over the floor..The window had let go on one side and everything was being blown out! I tried a temporay fix using duct tape..It worked for a while until the adhesive dried out and then it separated,,same thing again. Next In tried some of that metal duct take because it had amuch better adhesive.
This evening I discovered it too had let go!
I liked the window idea, however it clearly isn't reliable and tomorrow I'm taking the bag to have a piece sewed in where the window was. I'll ask to have something put between the materail to ensure it's sealed.
What a pain!! And what a mess!! Must order areplacement bag in the meantime (without awindow!!!)
Keeter

(cloth or plastic) to the inside and it will last longer than the bag. I forget the name (5100?) but it is available at boating shops.
5 years ago my kids tore a hole in a fiberglass canoe. I glued some heavy waterproof nylon on. It is still fine. It is incredible stuff, but expensive and a lousy shelf life.
You mean this slow drying stuff ???
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId 217966&storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId051
Which is fine for boats but DC bags ????
Toller wrote:

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId 217966&storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId051
I have used things then next day without problems. Great material.
I sewed mine. Tom
Took the bag to the local shoe/leather repair store and problem solved. He had already repaired another one and had some heavy, plyable clear p[latic sheet. He doubled it up and gave me acall shrtly after. Perfect job...He even put sealant between ther bag and the plastic to ensure a seal!
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Keeter