Dust collector bag porosity

I'm about to order replacement bags for my new 30-mike collector (I decided against the canister). What are your opinions about the benefits of 5-mike vs. 1-mike bags? Are the finer porosity bags worth the double price?

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hinshaw

If they ease your mind, certainly. Two factors, often discussed, are mesh size - filtration at the primal level, which changes as dust and such is captured, effectively diminishing the mesh size, and trapping, where the material is something like felt, offering a multitude of paths, effectively lowering the velocity in any, allowing the dust to become trapped in a backwater.

You'll leak more dust from fittings than you'll push through a bag once the dust has reduced the mesh size.

Reply to
George

Don't believe everything they claim. a cloth bag needs to be pretty big to get the fine dust. airflow has to be high and the bag kept clean. so this is the place to go

and get as big of a bag as you have room for. shake it every day.

Reply to
Steve Knight