Dust Collection with Sliding Compound Miter Saw

I'll be setting up an Oneida 1.5 hp cyclone dust collection system in the new year. How do you acheive decent dust collection with the sliding compound miter saw? I have the Makita 10".
Mr Fixit eh

Here is a VERY EXPENSIVE hood you can buy.
http://www.downdrafter.com /
I also saw this website when reading this newsgroup. Skip to the bottom of the website page and you will see a shopbuilt version of the downdrafter.
http://www.bburke.com/wood/jigsandtools.html
I have not tried either of these yet but you can be sure that I will be building the shopbuilt version first when Santa brings me my SCMS in a few weeks!
Dick SNyder