Dust collection with hand-held routers

Speaking of support and DC, has anyone had a hands-on with the Leigh VRS yet?

The video on Leigh's site looks promising.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I've been following this and hoping / expecting that someone would bring up Festool. The reason for my interest is that I have been trying to justify the cost of their circular saw and rail system. One of my thoughts had been that I could add their router (with it's dust collection) in the future and that would be another use for the expensive rails. Is the dust collection on the Festool router less than advertised or was it just over looked? Swingman, Leon help!

Reply to
John Packett

My Leigh VRS has been on backorder for the last 6+ months. It was originally supposed to ship in May. On last check it is now supposed to ship by the end of August. They've been advertising it as "coming soon" since about January. I think they've been putting all of their time into the release of their 3 new dovetail fixtures and making the VRS to fit them has caused the delays. Maybe, now that they are supposed to be shipping the new dovetail fixtures, they'll get time to finish and ship my VRS to me. I think it's a mistake to advertise something as "coming soon" and then not be able to ship the product within a reasonable amount of time, but my prior experience with Leigh and their products has all been nothing short of first class, so I'm trying to be patient with them on this one.

I'll provide a report on it when ( or if ) it ever arrives.

Charley

Reply to
Charley